Contact our services
The Devon Information, Advice and Support (DIAS) service provides an impartial, confidential and free service for parents, children and young people.
They can help you to understand more about the SEND support that is available and ensure that your views about the support you receive are listened to.
The Family Information Service is a source of childcare information for parents and carers of all children in Devon.
You can search for childcare or early years provision in your area.
We also provide a service to help families who are struggling to find suitable childcare.
You can contact the Devon Information, Advice and Support service to discuss the support your child is receiving at school.
If you are unable to make arrangements for school transport, or if you have any questions, please speak to a member of the Transport Team.
Contact Devon’s SEN 0-25 Team. They carry out EHC needs assessments and maintain and review EHCPs.
You can contact a member of staff in the SEN 0-25 Team from Monday to Friday, 10 am to 12 pm and 2 pm to 4 pm.
Thinking about making a referral to the Disabled Children’s Service or want to discuss a current plan?
Please contact our Pre-referral and Assessment Consultation (PAC) Line on 01392 385276. Select option 1 for new enquiries or option 2 for existing plans provided by Support and Advice.
If you need some help registering or just want some more information about the Disability Network please get in touch.
If you have any questions about the services provided by the Preparing for Adulthood Team or would like advice about making a referral please get in touch for an informal chat.
The Quid for Kids project can help you by assessing whether you are able to claim benefits as well as helping you challenge benefit decisions if you think you have not been treated fairly.
National guidance and support
- GOV.UK government overview of provision for children and young people with SEND
- GOV.UK guide to the SEND Code of Practice for parents
- GOV.UK SEND support: an easy-read guide for children and young people
- Children and Families Act 2014
- Young person’s guide to the Children and Families Act 2014
Other advice and support
- Disability Rights UK – Guide to the Care Act
- Council for Disabled Children – information for parents
- Contact is a national charity that provides a wide range of information, advice and support to families of children with disabilities.
- Navigate is an emotional support service for parents of disabled children
- Children’s Education Advisory Service (CEAS) – support for children whose families are in the military services