Stress Awareness and Confidence Building for Social Enterprises
Date(s) - 20/08/2020 - 03/09/2020
10:00 am - 11:30 am
The Enhance Social Enterprise Network for Devon & Somerset is facilitating two free Stress Awareness and Confidence Building for Social Enterprises webinars from 10:00 to 11:30am on Thursday 20 August and Thursday 3 September. These webinars will provide immediate practical help and tools to help you:
Manage stress when times are tough
Webinar 1: 10:00 to 11:30am on Thursday 20 August 2020
- Managing the challenge of priorities and boundaries for social entrepreneurs in our ‘new normal’
- Understanding why we react the way we do to stressful situations
- Practical day-to-day tools for managing your stress while juggling priorities
- Managing your staff’s emotions for a calmer workplace
- Writing your own plan to manage your own and your staff’s well-being (an outline plan will be provided for you to develop between the webinars)
Build confidence and resilience in yourself and other people
Webinar 2: 10:00 to 11:30am on Thursday 3 September 2020
- Review of progress made since webinar 1
- What is confidence and how do we get it?
- Understanding the link between confidence and resilience
- Top tips for building your own and other people’s confidence, including coping well when things go wrong
Developing any actions you would like to take to build your own and other people’s confidence and holding yourself accountable!
About Ruth James
Ruth is specialised in understanding and managing people’s emotions and behaviour, both in the workplace or at home. Her popular parenting workshops have been running since 2012, and have developed into Parenting Cafe. She helps parents of children aged 9-19 years to have a calmer family life. She previously worked in senior roles in local government including in Environmental Health, Public Health, Strategy, Corporate Communications and Customer Services Management.
She is keen to share her work with other social enterprises as she thinks her practical approach has the potential to significantly improve workplace relationships and staff wellbeing. She is an avid reader and all her courses are evidence-based.
Booking your place:
This 3 hour webinar, is in two parts, 10:00-11:30am on Thursday 20 August and Thursday 3 September. Participants will need to attend both webinars to get the full benefit.
For more information and to register visit the Stress Awareness and Confidence Building for Social Enterprises webinars Eventbrite page Stress Awareness and Confidence Building for Social Enterprises webinars Eventbrite page
The Heart of the South West Enhance Social Enterprise Programme is receiving up to £1,053,610 of funding from the England European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020. The Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government is the Managing Authority for ERDF. Established by the European Union, ERDF funds help local areas stimulate their economic development by investing in projects which will support innovation, businesses, create jobs and local community regenerations. For more information visit https://www.gov.uk/guidance/england-2014-to-2020-european-structural-and-investment-funds