Apprenticeship levy transfer
Decide which apprenticeship standard you wish to undertake and discuss this with the training provider(s) who offer it to find out more. There are many varied apprenticeship ‘standards’ (qualifications) available – find out more at Institute for apprenticeships and find training providers here.
We strongly recommend that individuals and their line managers are involved in those discussions. View our privacy notice here in relation to how we process the information given in the application.
Read the information on these pages and in the funding rules. You should also look at the general guidance that can be found at GOV.UK.
Please note this application form must be completed in one sitting and cannot be saved/returned to. You will need the following information in order to complete this process so please make sure that you have all the necessary details before commencing the application. You can complete the form for more than one employee at a time but please make it clear which apprenticeship is for which employee or you can complete one form for each person.
You will need to know:
- company details (including company registered number)
- apprenticeship details (standard/level/planned start and end dates/cost)
- training provider details
- employee details (person wishing to undertake apprenticeship)
- information in support of the application (typed paragraphs stating ‘how the qualification is relevant/ how will this provide significant new learning/meet learning needs)
1. If you would like to apply, please complete the Apprenticeship Levy Transfer funds application form ensuring that the CEO of the organisation has approved your request. Once you have submitted your form this will be sent direct to the apprenticeship mailbox and you will receive a reply in due course. For any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Your application will be considered by the service area most relevant to your sector and application. The service area commissioner will then in due course contact you to advise if your application has been approved or not and to make the detailed arrangements.
3. You will then liaise with your chosen training provider to make the arrangements (the individual and their line manager should also be involved at this stage). You should make the training provider aware that you are sourcing Levy transfer funds to pay for the training and assessment.
4. Once your application has been approved, you will be required to read the contract terms and conditions (add link to pdf document) which will apply to the levy transfer and remain in place for the duration of the apprenticeship. You are also required to complete, sign and return a scanned copy of Schedule 1.
(Please note that the above document was designed for printing purposes only, and with that in mind will not be fully accessible to someone using assistive technology such as a screen reader).
Email: email@example.com to confirm your agreement to the contract terms and conditions. No levy transfer can take place until we are in receipt of this signed document.
5. Your organisation will need to set up an account on the Digital Apprenticeship Service (DAS).
6. If any of the circumstances with regard to the agreed apprenticeships change you will be required to inform DCC as soon as possible so that if necessary, any levy transfer payments can be paused or ceased.