DWM – ineligible costs
The following costs are ineligible:
- Any costs outside of the project period as outlined in the grant funding agreement.
- Contingency costs.
- The cost of getting any permissions or consents, such as planning permission.
- Any items which you have already had EU or other public funding for (or intend to get EU or other public funding for).
- Costs of arranging, financing or securing additional grants and funding streams.
- Relocation costs – if the business needs to relocate in order to expand, it can only apply for funding for the cost of the expansion.
- Costs associated with the provision of housing.
- Projects that are carried out only to meet a domestic legal requirement.
- Recoverable VAT.
- Existing fixed overheads of the business may only make up 20% of the total project costs.
Buildings, land and equipment costs
- Repairs and maintenance of existing buildings, equipment and machinery
- Like-for-like replacement of existing items (such as buildings, equipment and machinery).
- Renewable heat and energy systems covered by the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) or Feed-In Tariffs (FITs).
- Purchase of land.
- Purchase of buildings for commercial projects.
- Generic development of workspace or offices within a redundant building. For example, where there is no end user specified at the start of the project.
- Capital items.
Business running costs
- Salaries and running costs for commercial projects.
- Long term salaries and running costs for community or not-for-profit projects. It would be acceptable for existing project management and associated admin fees to constitute up to 20% of the total project costs.
- Recurring licence fees, subscriptions and service charges.
- Computers, software and printers used in the general running of the business, like processing orders or accounts.
- Standard, non-specialised domestic vehicles, such as cars, motorbikes.
- Bad debts.
- Advance payments.
- Insurance policy costs.
- Working capital.
- Financial charges, such as bank charges, fines and interest.
Some limited salary costs or running costs may be eligible in limited and specific circumstances.
Eligibility of these costs will be considered on a case by case basis and will only be considered where the need is clear and linked to the aims of the DWM Grants Fund.
Please talk to the DWM Programme Manager before submitting an EOI if your project involves any salary costs or running costs.
- Project sponsorship or fundraising events.
- Projects which exclude a particular lawful political doctrine, faith or belief.
- Costs relating to the provision of a statutory duty.
- Regular highways related activity.
- Costs which seek to fund and/or reinstate county, district or town/parish council (precepted) services and responsibilities.
- Cash payments to beneficiaries.
- Commercial business costs.
- Animal welfare projects where the sole beneficiaries are the animals.