Creative Innovation and Growth Grants Fund
Grants Fund Details
The CIAG Grants Fund involves the provision of revenue, capital, or mixed revenue and capital grants to eligible organisations and businesses:
- Revenue grants between £5,000 and £40,000 to support providers to implement innovative ways of diversifying and preventing clients from needing to be cared for e.g. day services.
- Capital, or mixed revenue & capital, grants between £7,500 and £80,000 for providers, to undertake capital works which will enable them to take on board new innovations and technology where this will grow/diversify the business or allow them to undertake additional preventative/outreach activities.
The emphasis is on developing new services, increasing sufficiency, developing new products and new innovative ways of working in the Adult Social Care Sector.
The grants fund period has been extended to 31 March 2021. All applicant projects to the fund must be completed and defrayed by 31 March 2021.
Who can apply?
The grants fund has three aims; your project must meet the first aim:
- To increase sufficiency in the ASC sector across Devon by supporting the market (including personal, residential and unregulated care) to grow; develop; and diversify, as appropriate. (This is a priority for all CIAG funded projects).
- To stimulate ‘edge of care’ outreach and prevention activities by: promoting and supporting independence; connecting people to their communities; keeping people healthier for longer; and thereby reducing the need for statutory intervention.
- To encourage innovation; take-up of new technology; new delivery models; and partnership developments.
Eligible Adult Social Care businesses and organisations in Devon, who develop a project which seeks to meet the 1st aim (or more) of the programme aims can apply for grant funding through this programme.
Basic Eligibility Criteria:
Eligibility criteria are ‘must haves’ for all applications therefore tested at initial Expression of Interest stage. The organisation must:
- Exist for the primary purpose of the provision of social and/or health care to adults. (This can include one or more of the residential, personal and unregulated sectors of the market)
- Operate predominantly in Devon
- Be classed as a small, medium or micro enterprise
- Have received less than €200,000 of public funding in the last three years
- Provide at least 50% contribution towards total project costs. (Not for private profit organisations must provide a 40% minimum contribution) – This ‘match funding’ must be in place at Full Application Stage.
- Have undergone a business diagnostic or health check through the Growth Hub or BIP (Business Information Point)
- Have audited accounts for the last 2 years (not applicable if you are a start-up organisation)
- Have an up to date business plan in place with 3 years financial projections
- Meet at least the first of the three CIAG programme aims outlined above
If you are interested in making an application to the CIAG Grants Fund please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to discuss your project proposal with you and will send you the initial stage Expression of Interest Form to complete. If you are successful after the initial stage you will be asked to complete a Full Application Pack at a later date.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need more information? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions.
Ineligible Costs Information
For information regarding costs that are NOT eligible for CIAG Grants Funding, view the list of ineligible costs.
For more information please contact BIP