For guidance on coronavirus and the latest information on the situation in Devon, visit Devon County Council’s coronavirus (COVID-19) advice page.
Guide: Making a Complaint about a Devon County Councillor
- Part 1How do I make a complaint?
- Part 2What is a Standards Committee?
- Part 3What complaints does the Standards Committee deal with?
- Part 4How should I set out my complaint?
- Part 5What happens to my complaint – how is it processed and dealt with?
- Part 6What happens after my complaint has been looked at?
- Part 7Withdrawal of complaints
- Part 8Complainant confidentiality
- Part 9Conflicts of interests
- Part 10Retention of Records
- Part 11Generally
- Part 12Assessment Criteria
What is a Standards Committee?
The County Council’s Standards Committee is a group of people appointed by the Council to help it maintain and promote high ethical standards. The Committee is made up of Councillors and co-opted members drawn from the community (who are not councillors or employees of the County Council).