These services may be experiencing disruption at this time. Please contact them directly to ensure they are still running.
For guidance on coronavirus and the latest information on the situation in Devon, visit Devon County Council’s coronavirus (COVID-19) advice page.
Guide: Making a Complaint about a Devon County Councillor
- Part 1How do I make a complaint?
- Part 2What is a Standards Committee?
- Part 3What complaints does the Standards Committee deal with?
- Part 4How should I set out my complaint?
- Part 5What happens to my complaint – how is it processed and dealt with?
- Part 6What happens after my complaint has been looked at?
- Part 7Withdrawal of complaints
- Part 8Complainant confidentiality
- Part 9Conflicts of interests
- Part 10Retention of Records
- Part 11Generally
- Part 12Assessment Criteria
All complaints and reviews will be considered on their merits and according to the facts.
The Assessment Criteria, which are subject to review by the County Council’s Standards Committee, will be used as guidance in the consideration and determination of complaints and reviews but the Monitoring Officer or other decision maker, which will be an Assessment Sub-Committee or the full Standards Committee when it is not the Monitoring Officer, are entitled to depart from these criteria when they consider it appropriate to do so.