Rapid lateral flow testing in Devon
Taking a rapid test is fast and convenient – and you can choose how and when to access the tests.
Do not turn up for a lateral flow test if you are below the age of 16, or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 such as a:
- new and continuous cough
- high temperature
- loss of, or change to, your sense of taste or smell
If you are experiencing any of those symptoms you should use the GOV.UK website to arrange an NHS test.
After your test
Please take note of the following advice about what to do when you get your test result.
A negative result does not remove the need to follow existing COVID-19 measures socially and in the workplace. You should carry on with your day but proceed with caution, following all COVID-19 measures as normal.
If you receive a positive lateral flow test:
- you and anyone you live with should self-isolate immediately (however people who are fully vaccinated or aged under 18 years and 6 months are not required to self-isolate if they live in the same household as someone with COVID-19)
- you must report your rapid lateral flow test result on GOV.UK as soon as possible
- book a follow-up NHS PCR test online or by calling 119 within 2 days to confirm your result
- continue to self-isolate until you get the result of the PCR test
- follow the advice you’re given when you get the result
- if the PCR test is negative, you can stop self-isolating.
Read our guidance on self-isolating.
If you are eligible, a positive lateral flow result will enable you to qualify for self-isolation payments.
The picture in Devon
The latest updates, news and guidance for people living in or visiting Devon