Last Updated 3:45pm, 29 April 2020
SPACE Youth Service
Our support to young people in the community is continuing, and our Youth Service (delivered by SPACE) is keeping in contact with vulnerable young people via telephone and text.
The service has also been developing online and remote support to young people. SPACE is offering:
- Video conferencing for young people receiving individual support
- Small video conferencing for group work activities
- Online group text and voice-based chat in a safe space, to be yourself and chat to friends and youth workers, share fun activities and topic based discussion – just like a busy youth centre during open access sessions.
- Request a call-back from a youth worker for any young person in Devon
- Plus continued engagement with our 5000+ followers on Instagram and Facebook.
SPACE is also offering support to smaller youth work delivery partners, including weekly network catch up meetings, online volunteer induction training and fast tracking the release of money from their small grant fund. You can contact them via firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
The Devon wing of UK Youth Parliament consists of 4 elected Members (MYPs) – one for each region of Devon – and 8 deputies.
Although this group of young people were only in post a matter of weeks before the lockdown, by successfully collaborating online they have already identified a number of local campaign issues and have had some great ideas for the “Protect Our Future” national campaign. To kickstart the campaign in Devon, our MYPs are launching a “Greener Devon” logo and poster competition.
For more details on how to get involved and to keep up to date with their activities, follow Devon Youth Parliament on Instagram, Facebook: Youth Parliament Devon and Twitter: Youth Parliament Devon. You can also subscribe to our mailing list by emailing email@example.com.
Public Health Nursing
Please see our Public Health Nursing service update.