Last Updated 6:16pm, 11 November 2020
SPACE Youth Service
Our youth service (delivered by SPACE) is continuing to support young people throughout the period of new national restrictions (5 November to 2 December). During this time, SPACE youth centres will remain open.
The service has also been developing digital youth work to support young people. This includes:
- Online group text and voice-based chat in a safe space, to be yourself and chat to friends and youth workers, share fun activities and topic based discussion – just like a busy youth centre during open access sessions.
- Request a call-back from a youth worker for any young person in Devon.
- Video conferencing for young people receiving individual support.
- Small video conferencing for group work activities.
- Plus continued engagement with our 5000+ followers on Instagram and Facebook.
Additionally, SPACE is offering support to smaller youth work delivery partners, including weekly network catch up meetings, online volunteer induction training and fast tracking the release of money from their small grant fund. You can contact them via email@example.com to find out more.
The Devon wing of UK Youth Parliament consists of 4 elected Members (MYPs) – one for each region of Devon – and 8 deputies.
Despite the disruption that coronavirus has brought, Devon’s Members of Youth Parliament (MYPs) have continued their excellent work on campaigns focusing on issues that matter most to young people. Among those campaigns is Greener Devon, a youth-led campaign by Devon’s MYP to help make a more eco-friendly home for everyone.
The Make Your Mark national youth ballot is taking place throughout November. Mark Your Mark is a fantastic opportunity for 11-18 year olds across the UK to get their voices heard by voting on the policies they want to introduce or change. Young people can cast your votes here.
For more details on how to get involved and to keep up to date with their activities, follow Devon Youth Parliament on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. You can also subscribe to our mailing list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public Health Nursing
Please see our Public Health Nursing service update.