Last Updated 1:11pm, 10 February 2021
Information from Devon County Council
Guidance in different languages
We have translated a range of information into a number of different languages to help make it accessible to everyone.
To request information in other languages or formats
If you need information in another language or format please contact us by:
Information for people who are not online
If you are supporting someone who is not online, and they need urgent support, please find the right telephone number on our page – Help for extremely vulnerable people who need urgent support.
Other sources of information
Public Health England - easy read and translations
- Public Health England – Stay at home guidance
- Guidance on shielding and protecting extremely vulnerable people
Easy read and information for people with a learning disability
For people with a learning disability and families, there are a number of places to find good information about coronavirus in easy read:
- Learning Disability Devon
- For information about dealing with grief and talking about death, Cruse has produced some good easy read fact sheets
- Introducing the NHS COVID-19 app in easy read and large print formats
- The government have shared easy read resources on COVID-19 vaccination
- The government have shared easy read and large print rapid self-test instructions
- The government have published easy read information on how to stay safe and help prevent the spread of COVID-19
British Sign Language (BSL)
Sign Health is maintaining good quality information about coronavirus in British Sign Language (BSL).
The government have shared BSL videos on COVID-19 vaccination.
BSL users can contact Devon County Council using the InterpretersLive service.
Other community languages
- Doctors of the world have translated some government coronavirus information into foreign languages.
- The Ethnic Minority and Traveller Achievement Service at Babcock LDP has translated guidance for parents and carers of school-age children.
- The NHS COVID-19 app support website is available in multiple languages.
- Flu vaccination: who should have it and why available in multiple languages
- Local restriction tiers: what you need to know available in multiple languages