Last Updated 4:28pm, 26 October 2020
Help for extremely vulnerable people who need urgent support
If you have received an NHS extremely vulnerable letter, registered for support on the government website but you have not received a food delivery, or you need other help because you are isolated please call Devon Coronavirus Emergency Helpline 0345 155 1011 (open Monday to Friday 8am-8pm and Saturday 9am-1pm).
If you are not already receiving support but need urgent help because of the coronavirus pandemic
If you need urgent help because of the coronavirus pandemic but don’t have any family, friends or neighbours to ask and are not receiving support directly from government, local authority or community services, you can contact your local district council.
They each have individual helplines set up to make it easier for you to get help with things like deliveries of essential food, household supplies and medicine as well as extra care and social contact.
Depending on what you need, they will be able to help you organise support through either their local hub, the NHS volunteer responder scheme or a local community group.
Emergency financial support is also available for those who need short term help to afford to pay for basic household essentials.
As well as practical support, they can also help you access information and advice on a range of things like ordering and paying for food online or over the phone, getting vouchers or e-payment cards for volunteers to use, increasing your financial independence and maintaining your general health and wellbeing.
You can also call them to raise concerns about someone in your community who you think needs help.
- East Devon District Council: coronavirus community support
- Exeter City Council: community wellbeing – 01392 265000
- Mid Devon District Council: community support helpline – 01884 234387
- North Devon Council: community support hub – 01271 388280
- South Hams District Council: community support – 01803 861297
- Teignbridge District Council: coronavirus hotline – 01626 215512
- Torridge District Council: community support – 01237 428888
- West Devon Borough: community support – 01822 813683