With people asked not to use public transport if possible, some are opting to share lifts to work with friends and colleagues.
You should try not to share a vehicle with those outside your household or support bubble, but if this is unavoidable please take sensible precautions and try to:
- share the transport with the same people each time
- keep to small groups of up to 6 people at any one time
- ask everyone in the car to wear a face covering
- open windows to allow air to circulate
- travel side by side or behind other people where possible, rather than face them, where seating arrangements allow
- keep as much distance as possible between each other
- face away from each other
- everyone should remember to wash their hands properly before and after their journey
- clean your car between journeys using standard cleaning products – make sure you clean door handles and other areas that people may touch
Anyone with symptoms of coronavirus – a new and continuous cough, high temperature and loss of taste and/or smell – or those who have been advised to self-isolate, should stay at home and not travel.