Personal brokerage is used to commission long-term, respite and emergency care packages for people with complex, unstable and unpredictable needs and risks who:
- have a physical disability (including Acquired Brain Injury)
- have a sensory disability
- have a learning disability
- have mental health problems
- are older people not living in a residential home.
The process is used to commission both social and health care placements where appropriate. If you have direct payments you may also be able to use personal brokerage to help you to find care package providers.