What information do you need for a financial assessment?
To work out how much you have to pay towards your care at home (community-based care services) we will send you an income and expenditure form to complete. You will have 14 days to complete and return it to us. The form will ask about:
- your weekly income – this could be your State Pension, an occupational pension, state benefits (PIP/DLA Mobility Allowance and War Disablement Pension are not included) and any other income
- your savings and investments – this could be money you have in bank and building society accounts, stocks and shares, investment bonds and policies, Premium Bonds, Income Bonds and any other savings and investments
- property or land you solely or jointly own – this doesn’t include the house you live in
- your housing costs, this includes your rent or mortgage, Council Tax, household insurance and service charges
- any costs you have which are directly as a result of your illness or disability – this could include a private cleaner, excessive gas, electric and oil costs or a community alarm system. You must be able to provide evidence of these costs; this is usually a receipt or a supporting letter from a suitably qualified practitioner/professional. We can only take these costs into account if you receive Attendance Allowance (AA), Disability Living Allowance Care Component (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP).
Any joint income you receive will be divided equally for the financial assessment. Likewise any jointly held capital, savings and investments will be divided equally between you.
If you are unable to complete the form and would prefer to speak to us please call 01392 384391 and we will take your information over the phone.
If you don’t want to give us details about your finances we will not be able to do a financial assessment and you will have to pay the full cost of any care and support services you receive.
If during the financial assessment it becomes apparent that you are not claiming your full entitlement to benefits, we will advise you of any additional entitlement you could claim and can provide contact details to assist with this.