A ROHI (Rehabilitation Officer Hearing Impairment) will:
- understand the effects of hearing loss and advise on ways of adjusting and improving communication
- advise on using hearing aids
- offer specialist advice in any area where hearing impairment may be causing difficulties
- give information on specialist equipment options to meet your needs, such as door alerts, amplified phones, television listening, communication devices, baby monitors, personal call systems, fire alerts and alarm clocks
- work closely with other health and social care professionals providing appropriate help and advice
- offer a sensory assessment
- signpost to other agencies, such as the fire service and Access to Work
- provide equipment where appropriate.
A ROHI is part of the Devon Sensory Team which also includes the Sensory Outreach Service operating in West Devon, Holsworthy and Torrington and the Sound Base Resource Centre in Exeter.
To speak to a ROHI contact the Devon Sensory Team by phoning Care Direct on 0345 1551 007 or emailing email@example.com