If you think a vulnerable adult is being abused in any way, tell someone.
Care Direct is open to take calls from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and from 9am to 1pm on Saturdays. If an emergency situation happens outside these hours or on a Bank Holiday contact the Emergency Duty Service on 0345 600 0388.
Who is an adult at risk?
An adult at risk is someone who:
- has care and support needs
- is experiencing abuse or neglect or is at risk of abuse or neglect
- their care and support needs are making them unable to protect themselves against the abuse or neglect
To keep vulnerable adults safe we all need to work together to:
- be aware of the risks of abuse and neglect that vulnerable adults can face
- know what help is available
- understand your responsibilities
- work together to report and investigate concerns
- work together to prevent abuse and neglect
Devon Safeguarding Adults Partnership
The Devon Safeguarding Adults Partnership aims to ensure that organisations work together to achieve all of these things in order to protect adults at risk.
When arranging support or care for yourself or for someone else it is important to think about checks you can make, the safety and quality of that service and what to do if you think something is wrong.
Find out more about arranging care and support safely.
If you or someone you know is affected by domestic violence there is help available. For independent and confidential advice call Devon’s domestic abuse helpline on 0345 155 1074 or visit our Domestic and Sexual Violence and Abuse website.