My query relates to the road from Pigs Leg Cross to Keasts House, Sourton, Devon.
1) A copy of your current road maintenance policy relating to that road. Please send me the full policy, but this should include details of the intended frequency of road safety inspections, how these inspections should be conducted and the maximum time between identification of a defect and repairs being carried out.
This can be seen viewed online at Highways Safety Manual
2) A copy of the road repair history for that road over the past year. Again, please send me the full road repair history, but this should include:
– dates of all safety inspections between 18th December 2019 and the 23rd of February 2020
– details of how safety inspections were undertaken (walked or driven, speed of inspection vehicle etc)
– details of all carriageway defects identified, with description, date and time
– details of how the authority handled these defects, what repairs were undertaken and the time between the identification of each defect and a repair being carried out.
A copy of the road inspection record, which includes the full detailed repair history can be seen via the link below.
To further confirm, inspections were carried out on the following dates: 18 April 2019, 20 May 2019, 17 June 2019, 12 July 2019, 15 August 2019, 17 September 2019, 10 October 2019, 20 November 2019, 13 December 2019, 17 January 2020, 28 February 2020, and 25 March 2020
Carriageway inspections are driven at a slow speed with the inspector as a passenger in the inspection vehicle.