1. Has your local authority appointed a chief digital officer or digital director (or equivalent job title responsible for overseeing the organisation’s digital transformation)?
2. If so, what is your budget (or departmental budget)? Can you provide this budget for the previous three years?
3. Could you outline how much budget was spent on capital vs. operational IT investments in the last financial year?
In 2019/20 £536,000 was spent against a budget of £1m for Capital. £9,499,000 spent against a budget of £9,528,000.
4. Could you outline how much budget was spent on ‘subscription IT’ (e.g. SaaS cloud services, application subscriptions, etc.) in the last financial year?
We do not hold this specific information and to extract this information from the overall budget would require a lengthy review of the budget information which would take longer than 18 hours. This is in excess of the appropriate limit and, therefore, pursuant to s.12 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000, we are therefore not obliged to provide this information. If you are able to submit a different request which focuses on a specific area we may be able to assist.
5. Does your local authority measure employee engagement with digital services? (e.g. conduct a regular staff survey or host meetings to discuss whether employees are set up with the right IT to perform their job roles)
Yes – we have done so regularly since 2019 or before
6. Does your local authority measure employee productivity linked to IT / digital investment?
No – but we plan to do so in the next 3-6 months