For the financial year 2018/19 or the calendar year 2018-2019, whichever is more
convenient, please provide the following information.
1. Do you distribute any free promotional disposable nappies (such as Pampers) or reusable nappies to parents at any of your children’s and family services?
If the answer is yes to 1, please answer questions 2-7.
2. Which disposable or reusable nappy brand do you allow to distribute their promotional nappies?
3. Which services are they distributed at and how many parents use these facilities annually?
4. How frequently a year have these disposable or reusable nappy brands been able to distribute their promotional material at these services?
5. What is the process for allowing disposable or reusable nappy brands to distribute at your services and who signs it off?
6. Is there any remuneration for the council from these disposable or reusable nappy brands for distributing their promotional material?
Please then answer the remaining questions 7-8 regardless of your answers to 1-6.
7. What initiatives does the Council currently employ to reduce nappy waste and how successful are they? (This may include education programmes for families or tax incentives to nappy waste recycling businesses)
8. What is your policy on nappy waste reduction and recycling and what do your future plans entail?
Our children and families services do not distribute free promotional nappies, therefore we do not hold this information. Please contact the Public Health Nursing service using the information on the link provided. Guidance on the reduction of nappy waste is available on Recycle Devon. There are a number of health and community organisations that may be able help listed on our PinPoint directory.