Under the general requirements of the Freedom of Information Act 2000, I would be grateful if you would provide the following information in relation to the B1374 road and in particular the section of road named Mill Street that runs into Ottery St Mary
We should clarify that, in our responses below, we have interpreted your request to relate to the B3174 (and not the B1374) and to Mill Street alone.
1. Dates of all safety inspections undertaken on the carriageway in the two years preceding 7th January 2019:
17/01/2017, 20/02/2017, 16/03/2017, 18/04/2017, 24/05/2017, 26/06/2017, 17/07/2017, 29/08/2017, 21/09/2017, 16/10/2017, 15/11/2017, 13/12/2017, 18/01/2018, 21/02/2018, 10/04/2018, 27/04/2018, 04/06/2018, 07/08/2018, 03/09/2018, 27/09/2018, 24/10/2018, 22/11/2018, 13/12/2018, 11/01/2019
2. Details of all carriageway defects identified during safety inspections in the two years preceding 7th January 2019
Please find a full report detailing all carriageway defects identified and reported during the time period requested available via the link below:
3. Details of how carriageway safety inspections are undertaken, including whether walked or driven, the speed of the inspection vehicle and the number of persons in the vehicle.
A driven inspection with one inspector and a driver; the vehicle is driven at a slow speed to facilitate the inspection.
4. The intended frequency of carriageway safety inspections
5. Details of all complaints and/or enquiries relating to the carriageway, received in the two years preceding 7th January 2019
This information is also contained the report referred to in the response to question 2 above. There are some gaps in the reports where personal data which identifies members of the public to which you are not entitled has been redacted. Personal data is exempt from disclosure under Section 40(2) of the Freedom of Information Act 2000
6. The hierarchy classification
Category 5, Secondary primary route
7. The road/section number
B3174, USRN 12100810
8. The defect intervention criteria adopted in relation to the identification of all categories of carriageway potholes. The time period(s) adopted between identification and repair (temporary and permanent) of all categories of carriageway defects – defect intervention criteria:
This is set out in our Highway Safety Policy which can be viewed online at: https://new.devon.gov.uk/roadsandtransport/maintaining-roads/highways-safety-inspections/
9. Whether or not the authority has formally adopted all or part of the standards contained within the national code of practice for highways maintenance management.
Devon County Council has adopted the recommendations included in the latest National Code of Practice Well Managed Highway Infrastructure which can be found here: http://www.ukroadsliaisongroup.org/en/codes/