I am writing to request information under the Freedom of Information Act relating to a road your authority is responsible for maintaining.
Specifically, my query relates to Magnolia Avenue, Exmouth, Devon.
Please can you send me:
1) A copy of your current road maintenance policy relating to that road. Please send me the full policy but this should include details of the intended frequency of road safety inspections, how these inspections should be conducted and the maximum time between identification of a defect and repairs being carried out.
Our current Highway Safety Manual, which includes details of road safety inspections and how the inspections should be carried out, can be viewed online at: https://www.devon.gov.uk/roadsandtransport/maintaining-roads/highways-safety-inspections/
2) A copy of the road repair history for that road over the past year. Again, please send me the full road repair history, but this should include:
– Dates of all safety inspection between Wednesday 10th January 2018 and Saturday 10th March 2018.
– Details of how safety inspections were undertaken (walked or driven, speed of inspection vehicle etc)
– Details of all carriageway defects identified with description, date and time.
– Details of how the authority handled these defects , what repairs were undertaken and the time between the identification of the defect and a repair being carried out.
Please find attached details of the road repair history over the past year. We can confirm that the attached record shows that no inspections took place between 10th January 2018 and the 10th March 2018. The records can viewed at the following link: