I would like to request the following information under the Freedom of Information Act regarding adult care in later life within your local authority.
1. In 2019, how many people contacted you for information on how to pay for care?
We do not hold this information.
2. In 2019, how many peoples long term care did you – as the local council – pay for either in:
* In full
At the end of the 2019/2020 financial year there were 10,055 clients (9,261 either in full or partially, 794 were self-funding)
3. Since the outbreak of Coronavirus in the UK in February/March 2020, has the Council done any of the following with reference to adult care? Please select all that apply
* Set up a new hotline / phone number
For providers of adult social care this can be seen online at:
For members of the public and other organisations in Devon this can be seen online at:
* Increased the number of social / care workers
In the first wave of Coronavirus COVID-19 we increased the number of staff in our care management services through redeployment.
We also increased the number of care workers through various initiatives.
* Increased funding received by care homes
We have increased the funding available to adult social care providers in various ways summarised online at:
* Introduced regular check-ins for shielding adults
Our current support to the vulnerable and extremely vulnerable is summarised online at:
We also signpost to the latest government advice online at
During the first wave of the pandemic we offered additional support (including checking calls) coordinated by our Customer Service Centre.
* Increased the number of people assigned to support vulnerable adults
We created additional capacity to support vulnerable adults within the council through redeployment.
We encouraged additional capacity within the community by working with the voluntary sector and NHS volunteers scheme.
* Provided local authority tax relief to care homes
We have increased our financial support to adult social care providers in various ways summarised online at:
* Other –
Our range of support to the providers of adult social care is summarised here: