1. Please state the name, job title and contact details of the person completing this form
Lian Badcock | Professional Lead for Sensory Impairment – VI, HI & MSI
2. Do you plan on reducing the overall budget allocated for
a) specialist education support services for all children with special educational needs in 2019/20?
b) specialist education support services specifically for deaf/hearing impaired children in 2019/20?
c) Please give details
3. Do you plan on reducing the overall number of specialist education staff working with deaf/hearing impaired children in 2019/20?
4. Please complete the table below giving details of the budgeted spend for specialist education services for deaf/hearing impaired children in 2018/19 and 2019/20.
The financial information in the table below relates to the Hearing Impairment team in Babcock LDP only. Gaps in tables mean no information held.
|Budgeted spend 2018 – 2019||Is your actual spend for 2018/19 likely to vary from this figure? If yes, please explain||2019/20
|If there is a planned reduction since 2018/19, please explain|
|Net budget (£) (i.e. budget allocation)||£482,480||£505,000 additional funding from Devon County Council||£519,392|
|Gross budget(£) (i.e. budget allocation plus any additional income generated or expected to be generated)|
5. Do the figures above include budgeted spend on children without a hearing impairment? (e.g. vision impaired or MSI children)
6. Please complete the table below giving details of budgeted staffing levels in the specialist education service for deaf/hearing impaired children in 2018/19 and 2019/20.
If any of the posts include a combination of management and service delivery roles or if staff work flexibly across roles, please ensure the approximate time spent on each is accurately divided between rows a), b) and/or c) and expressed as a full time equivalent (fte)
|2018/19 number of fte posts||How many of these posts were vacant 2018/19?||How many of these posts were frozen in 2018/19?||2019/20 number of fte posts||How many of these posts will be vacant in 2019/20?||How many of these posts will be frozen in 2019/20?|
|a) Team management (e.g. team leader, Head of Service etc.||1||0||0|
|b)Specialist Teachers of the Deaf involved in direct peripatetic service delivery||7.6||0||0||7.6||We do not hold this information.|
|c) Specialist Teachers of the Deaf involved in any specialist or resource provision (units) in mainstream schools centrally funded by the local authority||0.6 FTE||0||0|
|d)Communication support workers, specialist teaching assistant, any other specialist staff or those working in a similar role to a CSW or a TA *||1.2||0.6||0||1.2|
- Babcock posts only, there may be teaching assistant or other specialist posts in schools, that information is not collated or held centrally.
7. How many resource provisions, bases or specialist units for deaf/hearing impaired children were there in your local authority in September 2018?
Four – two primary and two secondary
8. How many resource provisions, bases or specialist units for deaf/hearing impaired children will there be in your local authority in September 2019?
Two – one primary and one secondary.
9. Are any changes planned to resource provisions, bases or specialist units for deaf/hearing impaired children in your local authority in 2019/20?
The primary resource base is a sensory hub, provision in general is reviewed as needs change.
10. Are there any plans to review the specialist education service for deaf/hearing impaired children in 2019/20?
11. Please use below to provide any further information about education services for deaf children in your area.
No further comment.