1. (a) In total, how many adults received domiciliary care commissioned by the local authority from external providers in 2016/17?
DCC commissioned domiciliary care from external providers for 6375 unique clients over the year 2016/17
(b) Of this total, how many were aged i) 18 -64 ii) 65+.
Of these 6375 clients, 969 were aged 18-64, 5406 were aged 65+
2. In the past year (up to 29 July 2017), what percentage of domiciliary care visits commissioned from external providers were delivered in
a) 15 minutes or less
b) 16 ‘ 30 minutes
From our preliminary assessment, we estimate that compliance with your request would exceed the appropriate costs limit under section 12 of the Freedom of information Act 2000. This is currently £450 or 18 hours of officer time. Due to the manner in which the time related breakdown of the delivery of services is recorded, to answer the question would require reviewing services on a client by client basis which would exceed 18 hours.
3. In total, how many adults who received domiciliary care commissioned by the local authority in the year 2016/17 received any visits lasting 15 minutes or less as part of their care package?
Of the 6375 clients identified in 1. (a), 449 received a 15min support service as part of their total care package
4. In 2016/17 did the local authority commission any 15-minute visits for personal care? Please provide a copy of the local authority’s policy (or other relevant documents) on commissioning domiciliary care visits lasting 15 minutes or less.
Please see an extract from page 41 in Schedule 2 – The Services / A. Service Specifications / 2. Service Description / 3. Units of Service / 3.1 which reads:
A standard unit of Service will be 60 minutes. The vast majority of visits will require 30 minutes or more to deliver an appropriate level of care. However in a minority of cases short (15 minute) visits may be commissioned where the purpose is one of ensuring that that a service user is safe and well (health and Well Being Check). Such a visit would never include intimate personal care but could for example be to ensure that medication has been taken, a meal is heated or that a Service User is safe and well
5. In total, how many hours of domiciliary care were commissioned by the local authority from external providers in the year 2016/17?
DCC commissioned a total of 2,160,392 hours of domiciliary care from external providers in the year 2016/17
This is an estimated number of total hours for 2016/17 using snapshot figures of actual delivered hours in a week and then aggregating these up to provide an annual figure