1. Have you published the Local Offer for Care Leavers in accordance with Section 2 of the Social Work Act 2017?
2. Have you exempted Care Leavers from Council Tax?
Yes but not all district councils have applied this exemption. Further information will be available if you contact district or city councils about their collection of council tax. Contact details can be found on our website at: https://www.devon.gov.uk/neighbouring-authorities/
3. Do care Leavers get free access to Leisure facilities as part of the Local Offer?
Not at present, but it is under consideration
4. If Care Leavers get free access to Leisure Facilities can they take a friend free?
Please see our response to question 3; we would want to include foster siblings and/ or a friend
5. Have you ringfenced any apprentices for Care Leavers?
6. If you have ringfenced apprentices for Care Leavers, how many per year?
In 2019 we ringfenced 7
7. How many apprentices does your local authority provide each year?
The number of apprenticeship placements each year varies depending upon organisational requirements, we have not as yet set a target for this
8. How many employees does your Local Authority employ? (this can be rounded up to save time)
This information can be found online the Council’s HR Dashboard, available at: https://www.devon.gov.uk/factsandfigures/open-data/the-council-staffing-and-pay/
9. Please send us an electronic version of the published version of your local offer in accordance with Section 2 of the Social Work Act 2017
This is available via the link below:
10. Please provide a website/url link to you published version of your Local Offer for Care Leaveers in accordance with Section 2 of the Social Care Act 2017
11. Please provide your political leader contact details who is closest relevant in the corporate parenting capacity?
Councillor James McInnes; more information is available online at: https://democracy.devon.gov.uk/mgUserInfo.aspx?UID=161
11a Please provide the EMAIL ADDRESS of your political leader contact details who is closest relevant in the corporate parenting capacity?
12. Please provide the officer lead responsible for Leaving Care/Care Leaver Offer?
Nick Crick, senior manager corporate parenting
12a Please provide the EMAIL ADDRESS of the officer lead responsible for Leaving Care/Care Leaver Offer?