1. What is the average weekly fee currently (financial year 2017/18) being paid by your authority to support older (65+) residents of independent sector care homes in a) residential care and b) nursing care? Note: average weekly fees should be stated gross of user charges and net of NHS FNC payable by CCGs*
Average weekly fees during the week ending 11/09/17 for Older People
1) Residential Care: £551 per week
2) Nursing Care: £606 per week
2. How many older (65+) residents are you currently** supporting in independent sector care homes for a) residential care and b) nursing care***?
Current Older People Residents on 11/09/17
1) Residential Care: 1910
2) Nursing Care: 519
3. How many residents are you currently** supporting in local authority operated residential care homes***? * For example, a local authority supports an individual in nursing care at a fee rate of £855 per week including NHS FNC and the local authority receives client contributions of £190 per week. With NHS FNC in England at £155 per week, the weekly fee gross of user charges and net of NHS FNC is £700. **Latest available figure ***Include full cost payers, if any
There are 36 residents supported in local authority residential care homes on 11/09/17.