I am writing to you to request information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 about allegations against adults who work and volunteer with children.
Please provide the following information for the years 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, broken down by year:
A) Number of referrals made to your Designated Officer/LADO regarding physical chastisement in a sports setting (for the avoidance of doubt this could just be listed as “physical” but referral must also mention “sport” in some way)
B) Number of referrals made to your Designated Officer/LADO regarding emotional abuse/neglect in a sports setting (for the avoidance of doubt this could just be listed as “emotional” or “neglect” but referral must also mention “sport” in some way)
C) Of the cases covered in A and B), where this information is recorded, please provide the following detail:
* age and gender of alleged victims involved (grouped by age: 0-5, 6-10, 11-15, 16-20, 21+)
* gender of alleged victims involved (female/male/other, grouped together)
* sport and context in which the alleged physical/emotional abuse took place (eg “gymnastics, group training, leisure centre” or “tennis, one-on-one coaching, private home”)
* gender of adult involved
* job title of person subject to the allegation (eg coach)
* who made the allegation (eg child, parent, other professional etc)
* any anonymised detail you have of the nature of the alleged physical chastisement/emotional abuse
C) Of those cases in A and B), please provide figures for where other agencies became involved (eg police, sports federations), where applicable.
The numbers provided in response to questions A) and B) are very low. To provide further detail regarding these matters would potentially identify these individuals and risk a public disclosure of their personal data. This would be a breach of the first data protection principle and this information is therefore exempt from disclosure pursuant to s.40(2) of the Freedom of Information Act 2000.