Please can you send me:
1) A copy of your current road maintenance policy relating to that road. Please send me the full policy, but this should include details of the intended frequency of road safety inspections, how these inspections should be conducted and the maximum time between identification of a defect and repairs being carried out.
The Devon County Council road maintenance policy which includes the frequency of inspections depending upon the category of road and the repair policy, can be viewed online at:
2) A copy of the road repair history for that road over the past year. Again, please send me the full road repair history, but this should include:
– dates of all safety inspections for the full year prior to 25th September 2018
– details of exactly how safety inspections were undertaken (walked or driven, speed of inspection vehicle, number of people completing the inspection at this point etc)
– details of all carriageway defects identified, with description, date and time
– details of how the authority handled these defects, what repairs were undertaken and the time between the identification of each defect and a repair being carried out.
We can confirm that the details of the safety inspections in the year prior to 25th September 2018, all defects identified and any repairs carried out, including the date that the repair was completed, is set out in the attached documentation. This can be seen in the list available via the link below:
The carriageway inspections are driven at a very slow speed with two people in the car to allow the passenger to inspect to the carriageway.