Council & Democracy | Children & Families | Culture & Heritage | Economy & Enterprise | Environment & Planning | Jobs & Careers | Education and Learning | People & Community | Safety & Emergencies | Social Care & Health | Transport & Roads |
Local Sustainable Transport Fund workplace grants
Devon County Council is keen to support companies that wish to encourage their staff to travel to work sustainably and so are offering match-funding for new facilities and initiatives as part of our work on the Local Sustainable Transport Fund project.
Applications are processed at the end of each month, at which point you will be contacted with further instructions.
- Cycle Parking design guidance (347KB - pdf help) to help you choose the right facility.
- ACT TravelWise).
Here are some ideas of initiatives that you can apply for funding for:
- set up a reward scheme or loyalty card system for regular 'green travellers' (for example, collect stamps to earn credit for the staff canteen);
- purchase taster tickets for bus or train routes and offer them to staff to trial bus travel;
- hire a cycling instructor to run a ‘bike bus’ from popular areas to highlight the best routes - find out more
- offer cycle training to anyone who would like to cycle but lack confidence - find out more
- offer staff incentives to be ‘travel buddies’, to help colleagues make sustainable journeys;
- purchase an annual bus or train ticket for communal staff use for business travel;
- purchase or lease bikes / electric bikes to set up a pool bike scheme, for business travel (to find out how to set up a pool bike scheme, see our toolkit;
- produce a regular green travel information newsletter, with information on how to travel to your site using sustainable transport;
- set up a minibus service, to shuttle staff from key locations (e.g. train stations) to work;
- support to run year round events, such as Dr Bike clinics, journey planning advice, sustainable travel breakfasts etc;
- corporate membership to travel organisations (e.g. ACT TravelWise, CTC)
Devon County Council is committed to supporting local businesses and new enterprises, to stimulate growth and bolster the local economy. Please consider this when procuring any services - applications that utilise local services or support newly established Devon businesses will rank higher during the assessment process.