You are in: home > out of school activities >

Monday 26 January 2015

Council & Democracy | Children & Families | Culture & Heritage | Economy & Enterprise | Environment & Planning | Jobs & Careers | Education and Learning | People & Community | Safety & Emergencies | Social Care & Health | Transport & Roads |

Child Employment

When a child of compulsory school age is employed to work after school, at weekends or during school holidays, the law states that they must be registered for work with their local authority, who will issue a work permit. Similarly, if they are involved in entertainment, which covers T.V. film, theatre, modelling and paid sport, they may require a performance licence and a licensed chaperone. The work permits and performance licences are issued by the Local Authority, which in Devon falls under the responsibilities of the Education Welfare Service.

The Education Welfare Service is part of the Devon Learning and Development Partnership. Their website holds much more information on child employment.

Contact Us

If you have any feedback or comments please complete the online enquiry form.

For more information please contact Education reception on:

01392 382059

Contact Us

Contact Us

Contact Us

Back to top 26-1-2015