Council & Democracy | Children & Families | Culture & Heritage | Economy & Enterprise | Environment & Planning | Jobs & Careers | Education and Learning | People & Community | Safety & Emergencies | Social Care & Health | Transport & Roads |
Education and Learning
You might be interested in...
Championing Children - Devon's Strategic Vision and Policy for Education in Devon (692 Kb PDF file)
Maintained Schools in Devon - information about the different types of school available today and how to choose one that is right for you and your children.
Becoming a governor - if you are interested in becoming a governor you can find out more information here and express your interest.
Education Futures - Learning without limits - Devon County Council is developing a new partnership with Devon schools which will impact positively on all learners in the schools that we maintain.
Support for parents of children with additional needs - Devon Parent Partnership Service provides free confidential and impartial support, as well as information and training, to parents and carers who have children with additional educational needs.
In this section...
- Achievement and Education Strategy Strategies, plans and documents for the development of Education and Schools in Devon, standards, curriculum
- Adult & Community Learning Learning opportunities for adults on a wide range of subjects
- Attending School Parent’s and The Council’s responsibilities for children's attendance at school, Exclusions, Child Employment, Entertainment Licences & Chaperone Service
- Changes to schools and consultation about changes Proposals by the County Council and schools to expand and change their characteristics
- Children with Additional Needs Support in mainstream schools, Special Schools, Statementing process, Transport to school
- Devon Education Forum Statutory consultative committee for the funding of maintained schools in Devon
- Education Statistics School sizes, pupil numbers, school characteristics
- Ethnic and minority group children Support for children from minority groups or whose first language is not English
- Getting to School Transport to school, Getting to school safely, school locations
- Governance of Schools Governor responsibilities, Governing Associations, becoming a governor
- Gypsy, Roma and Traveller Achievement Offering advice and support to schools on issues relating to the inclusion of Gypsy, Roma and Traveller children in schools and other settings
- Home-based Education Helping you to educate your child at home
- Information for schools Just 4 Schools webpages, support for headteachers and school administrative staff
- Maintained Schools in Devon Information about the different types of school available today and how to choose one that is right for you and your children
- Out of School Activities Support for school children beyond school hours-from sport & music to home education
- Parent Support and advice Encouraging parental involvement in education - from sport to SEN
- Safeguarding children If you are concerned about a child or young person in Devon and are not sure what to do you can get advice here
- School Locations School details and contact information, including special schools and the Hospital Education Centre. Website addresses, designated areas and Local Learning Communities areas and details
- Standing Advisory Council on Religious Education The work of Devon's statutory advisory committee offering guidance and advice about RE in maintained schools
- Supporting Children Health and welfare, english as an additional language, extra financial help for SEN,meals and transport
Back to top 17-6-2013