Council & Democracy | Children & Families | Culture & Heritage | Economy & Enterprise | Environment & Planning | Jobs & Careers | Education and Learning | People & Community | Safety & Emergencies | Social Care & Health | Transport & Roads |
Halberton is located within Mid Devon local authority area. Historically it formed part of Halberton Hundred. It falls within Cullompton Deanery for ecclesiastical purposes. The Deaneries are used to arrange the typescript Church Notes of B.F.Cresswell which are held in the Westcountry Studies Library. The population was 1436 in 1801 1238 in 1901 . Figures for other years are available on the local studies website. In 1641/2 442 adult males signed the Protestation returns.
A parish history file is held in Tiverton Library. You can look for other material on the community by using the place search on the main local studies database. Further historical information is also available on the Genuki website.
Maps: The image below is of the Halberton area on Donn's one inch to the mile survey of 1765.