Council & Democracy | Children & Families | Culture & Heritage | Economy & Enterprise | Environment & Planning | Jobs & Careers | Education and Learning | People & Community | Safety & Emergencies | Social Care & Health | Transport & Roads |
As an organisation covered by the Freedom of Information Act ("the Act") we have a legal duty to adopt and maintain a Publication Scheme.
The main purpose of a Publication Scheme is to make information readily available to you without the need for specific written requests.
Schemes are intended to encourage organisations to publish proactively, and to develop a greater culture of openness.
All Publication Schemes should adopt the model approved by the Information Commissioner's Office.
Devon County Council has adopted this model scheme set out for public bodies.
Devon County Council is committed to:
- Proactively publish or otherwise make available as a matter of routine, information which is held by the organisation and falls within the classifications listed in the 'Classes' section.
- Specify the information which is held by the organisation and falls within the classifications listed in the 'Classes' section.
- Proactively publish or otherwise make available as a matter of routine, information in line with the statements contained within this scheme.
- Produce and publish the methods by which the specific information is made routinely available so that it can be easily identified and accessed by members of the public.
- Review and update on a regular basis the information that the organisation makes available under this scheme.
- Produce a schedule of any fees charged for access to information which is made proactively available.
- Making this Publication Scheme available to the public.