Council & Democracy | Children & Families | Culture & Heritage | Economy & Enterprise | Environment & Planning | Jobs & Careers | Education and Learning | People & Community | Safety & Emergencies | Social Care & Health | Transport & Roads |
Frequently Asked Questions
Click on the question you wish to ask, to open the relevant web-page
- How do I get to your office?
- What should I bring on my first visit?
- Do I have to register?
- Are there any cafes, restaurants or shops near the Record Office where I can buy food?
- Is there any parking at the Record Office?
- How can I reach the Record Office by public transport?
- I am just starting my family history. Can you give me some advice?
- I cannot visit your Record Office. Do you have a research service?
- My ancestor emigrated overseas from somewhere in Devon. Can you help me?
- Where can I obtain a birth/marriage/death certificate for my ancestor?
- I want to find the baptism/marriage/burial of my ancestor. Where can I find the parish registers?
- Can I obtain photocopies of entries from the parish registers?
- Can I buy copies of the parish registers on microfiche?
- The registers for the parish I am interested in have not yet been deposited in your Record Office. How can I arrange to see them?
- Do you have the IGI (International Genealogical Index)?
- Where can I find the censuses for North Devon?
- Where can I find the censuses for the rest of England?
- How can I find a will for my ancestor?
- I want to research the history of my house. Where do I start?
- I am a student starting a dissertation/research project/essay. Can you help me find sources?
- I am adopted and what to find my birth parents. Can you help me?
- I want to locate my missing relative/friend. Can you help me?