Tarka Trail – Braunton to Meeth
Over 30 miles of the Tarka Trail is available to cyclists between Braunton and Meeth, using the old railways of North Devon. Passing through the largely unspoilt countryside as it was described by Henry Williamson in his classic novel ‘Tarka the Otter’ first published in 1927.
Tarka Trail Guide
A new guidebook for the Tarka Trail between Braunton and Meeth was published in May 2015.
Divided into six sections, it is packed with useful information including:
- A detailed map for each section
- Quality of the Trail surface
- Access points (including widths where less than 1.2M)
- Parking and Toilet facilities
- Nature reserves and wildlife
- Picnic areas and seating
- Cycle hire
- Cafes, pubs and restaurants
- Art and installations along the route
There is an Audio Trail which can be dowloaded onto your PC, phone or MP3 Player. Each audio clip is linked to a place on the Trail with a numbered post and includes information from a variety of people involved in managing the Trail and its heritage.
Find out more
Also on devon.gov.uk
Other Web Sites
North Devon Biosphere Service.
Room 506 Civic Centre