Safeguarding Adults training is available for anyone who works with or cares for adults at risk of significant harm. The training available extends from awareness level, through alerter, practitioner, investigator and manager levels.
All Safeguarding Adults Courses are specifically designed to meet occupational competencies in health and social care. The courses also incorporate the Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards at all levels.
Please see the Training Guide and Calendars below for information about which course to attend and dates
There is no charge for Safeguarding training for those working in Provider Services in the Private, Voluntary and Independent sectors.
If you work in the statutory sector please contact your Training or Workforce Development Teams who will assist you in accessing safeguarding training at the appropriate level.
If you wish to discuss your Safeguarding Adults or Mental Capacity workforce development requirements and how we can assist you please contact our mailbox: email@example.com
- Which course do I need? Read this Training Guide to find out which course is right for you to attend and how to access it.
- How can I book a place? Go to the online booking system to view live availability of courses. You will then need to select the following drop down menus:
- Course Category: Safeguarding Adults, MCA, DOLS & Domestic Violence
- Sub Category: Group2/Alerter or Group3/Practitioner
- Course Title:
Awareness Level Course Materials
Important Notice for Managers - in order to access the Awareness Workbook Guidance, please contact the mailbox for the password.
Alerter Level Course Materials
A1: Alerter Level - Safeguarding Adults
A2: Alerter Level - Mental Capacity Act & Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
Practitioner Level Course Materials
P1: Practitioners Level - Safeguarding Adults
- P1 Getting Ready to Learn - Pre Course Workbook
- P1 Putting it into Practice - Post Course Workbook
- P1 Practitioner Level - Safeguarding Adults Protection - Course Materials
P2: Practitioner Level - Mental Capacity Act - Decision Making, Rights and Risks (Adults)
- P2 Getting Ready to Learn - Pre Course Workbook
- P2 Putting it into Practice - Post Course Workbook
- P2 Practitioner Level - Mental Capacity Act - Decision Making, Rights and Risk (Adults) Course Materials
P3: Practitoner Level - Deprivaton of Liberty Safeguards (Adults)
P4: Practitioners Level - Preventing Abuse and Responding to Poor Practice
To discuss your individual needs email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further details on Safeguarding Adults, the Mental capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards can be found on the Devon Safeguarding Adults website.