Find out about ways to learn, national occupational standards and changes in the world of social care relevant to all those working for Adult and Community Services in a Care Management role – Assessment and Review Team (ART) workers, Care Direct, Standard and Personal Brokers, Care Direct Plus (CDP) Team Leaders, Occupational Therapists, Community Care Workers, Practice Managers and Social Workers.
- Putting People First (391KB - pdf help) -this is the government’s vision for implementing Personalisation. It provides a clear steer to all social care staff about the way in which we should be working. The strategy develops the thinking of the social model of disability from direct payments as a service option, to an all systems approach to providing choice and control for service users and carers.
- Putting People First Workforce Development Strategy - read our plans for supporting staff in implementing the government's Putting People First strategy.
- Fair Access to Care (537KB - pdf help) - in light of Putting People First, and the recent consultation on FACS– ‘Cutting the cake fairly’ the government has published new guidance on how to interpret FACS within a personalised social care system.
- mandatory training all care management staff (102KB - pdf help)
- Additional mandatory training social workers and occupational therapists (46KB - pdf help).
- Health and safety induction check list
Find out more
- Support Planning
- Social Model of Disability
- Local Workshops
- Older People
- Physical Impairment
- Sensory Impairment
- Older People's Mental Health
- Professional Registration
- Direct Payments
- Social Workers
- Occupational Therapists
- Community Care Workers
- Care Direct Plus Assessment and Review Team