SIMS Terminal Server
Are your staff spending endless amounts of time configuring, updating or administering SIMS? Scomis can reduce the amount of time spent administering SIMS through the Scomis Hosted Application Service. This is a managed solution that enables Scomis to host SIMS and FMS data for schools, as well as perform SIMS backups and upgrades for you.
Scomis provide hosted SIMS and FMS through a load balanced Remote Desktop Service solution. All data is stored and maintained by Scomis and accessed by users in school or at home through a shortcut on their desktop via the remote link or the school's existing broadband links.
From April 2015 the service includes Remote Access which means that staff can access hosted SIMS securely at anytime from any location with an internet connection. This feature also facilitates the use of SIMS in the classroom so that it can be embedded effectively in to the benefit of teaching and learning.
Scomis Hosted Application Service (including hosted SIMS) extends the managed service provision to schools, leaving you to get on with your key role of using SIMS to support the education of your pupils. As there is no need for the school to run upgrades and patches, efficiency of school staff is improved. Workstations do not need upgrading so often, as lower specification workstations will work fine with the Scomis Hosted Application Service.
Secure, complex passwords, automatic screen protection and reliable backup make the Scomis Hosted Application Service ideal for adding extra protection to your school data.
The Scomis Hosted Application Service provides the following;
- Hosted SIMS and FMS database access;
- secure access to SIMS in the school office, the classroom or from any location with an internet connection
- seamless transition from school to home with no re-configuration using the same familiar connector*
- accessibility from a range of platforms including Apple, Microsoft and Android based devices. For details of supported clients, please visit http://faq.scomis.org/kb9079/
- upgrades and patches to hosted SIMS, FMS, and Devon, Plymouth and Torbay applications are taken care of for you (See http://faq.scomis.org/kb3591/ for a list of applications). Some work, such as checking of reports, may be required by your users before and after upgrades, details of which will be emailed to you;
- information about upgrades is provided on the Website;
- hosting of SIMS Discover - a graphical, analytical tool that allows you to analyse your SIMS data and present it in a variety of ways. With SIMS Discover, you and your staff can analyse student data in minutes, saving valuable time.
- backup of all data hosted on the terminal servers, which is taken between midnight and 6am each day; and
- basic maintenance of links between Customer or external servers to allow for communication between SIMS and service such as Bromcom, Aim High, VLE's and other third party applications (please see http://faq.scomis.org/kb2170/ for further information. There may be an additional charge for this.
*Please note that it is important that all users of the Hosted Application Service ensure they upgrade to the latest version of the Hosted Applications Connector, v5, before April 2015. For further information about the additional benefits this version of the Connector provides please refer to http://faq.scomis.org/kb11844/
Please contact Scomis for the latest prices. To find out more information please refer to the brochure below:
1st April 2015
1st April 2016