his Independent Committee makes representations to the County Council
What does the Forum do?
The role of Schools Forum
Schools Forum is made up of representatives from schools and academies, but with some representation from other non-school organisations, such as nursery and 14-191 education providers. The forum acts as a consultative body on some issues and a decision making body on others.
The forum acts in a consultative role for:
- Changes to the local funding formula. (The local authority is responsible for the final decision, although in some cases it may delegate the decision-making power to the Schools Forum)
- Proposed changes to the operation of the minimum funding guarantee
- Changes to or new contracts affecting schools (e.g. school meals)
- Arrangements for pupils with special educational needs, in pupil referral units and in early years provision
- The forum is responsible for decisions on:
- How much funding may be centrally retained within the Dedicated Schools Grant (e.g. for the Admissions Service, prudential borrowing costs, additional funding available for growing schools)
- Any proposed carry forward of deficits on central spend from one year to the next
- Proposals to de-delegate funding from maintained primary and secondary schools (e.g. for staff supply cover, insurance, behaviour support)
- Changes to the scheme of financial management
Non statutory responsibilities
The County Council has agreed that the Forum will be consulted on all educational issues that affect young people aged 0 – 19.
The Forum agreed to restructure its standing groups July 2012 (details under revision):-
School Finance Group (SFG), School Organisation, Capital and Admissions Group (SOCA) to replace SOPF, FLA to be disbanded.
Current standing groups:
Former standing groups:
- Schools Organisation and Policy Forum (SOPF) - disbanded in July 2012
- Forum for Learning and Achievement - disbanded in July 2012
- Commissioning Board - disbanded in June 2011
Find out more about the Devon Education Forum
Additional papers from meeting of Devon Education Forum on 11 May 2011.
These reports were written late after the agenda was finalised. As such, the report numbers are not mentioned in the agenda:
Find out more
Also on devon.gov.uk
Other Web Sites
If you need to contact the Schools Forum about anything, please phone or email.