Welcome to the Devon Archives and Local Studies Service website
Devon Heritage Centre will close at 1.00 pm on the 24th December 2014 for the Christmas and New Year Holidays and will re-open at 10.00 am on Friday, 2nd January 2015.
On 1st November, 2014 the Devon Heritage Services came under the management of the South West Heritage Trust, which decided to rename it the Devon Archives and Local Studies Service. We are still located at the Devon Heritage Centre, Great Moor House, Sowton, Exeter, with a branch at North Devon Record Office, Barnstaple. Find out more.....
- Beginners’ Course in Palaeography beginning March 2015
- Many more Devon Baptism, Marriage and Burial Registers launched online on Find My Past, 14 November 2014 - read more..
- South West Heritage Trust launched November 1, 2014
- Medieval Latin for Local History Course planned, September 2015
- Digitised school registers launched on Find My Past – read more….
- Devon Remembers: the First World War 1914-1918
- Devon Remembers: First World War 1914-1918 - Devon Archives and Local Studies Service's own webpage
Find out more
- Information about Devon Archives and Local Studies Service
- A New Future for Devon's Heritage
- Enquiry and Copy Services
- Publications and Shop
- Newspaper Collections
- Our Collections
- On-line Catalogues
- Family History
- House History
- Events and Activities
- Service Points
- Our Policies
- Volunteering at Devon Heritage Centre
- Devon History Forum
- Development of South West Heritage Trust
- Devon Parish Registers Online
Also on devon.gov.uk
Other Web Sites
+44 (0)1392 384253