To assist applicants with the application process, the County Council, in partnership with the UK Border Agency, provides the Nationality Checking Service.
Trained advisers are able to:
- check that application forms have been completed correctly
- check that all relevant documents are present
- check that the correct fee has been submitted
- photocopy valuable documents, such as passports and marriage certificates
- certify the copies and return the originals to the applicant
- forward applications to the UK Border Agency by special delivery
The County Council and its advisers are registered with the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) as Level 1 advisers - Nationality and citizenship under UK law.
Advisers are not able to offer advice on any other matters such as visas, immigration or asylum. Advice on such matters is available from the Immigration and Nationality Enquiries Bureau Helpdesk on 0870 606 7766 (Minicom: 0800 389 8289)
It is not a fast track service but ensuring that the application form is correctly completed and is accompanied by certified documents should assist with the application process.
Evidence of completion of the Life in the UK test is required before any application may proceed.
To access the service applicants will need to make an appointment to meet an adviser. The appointment should take approximately 45 minutes.
The service is available to any applicant, regardless of where they reside, at Larkbeare House, Topsham Road, Exeter EX2 4NG. Please telephone 0845 155 1002 and ask to speak to the Nationality Checking Service or e-mail: email@example.com