The Practice Road Circuit
PLEASE NOTE OUR PRACTICE ROAD CIRCUIT IS CLOSED FROM 10 MAY-7 JUNE 2015 INCLUSIVE DUE TO THE DEVON COUNTY SHOW.
The circuit consists of 1.3km of road network with many of the features found on the public highway; it is available to all road users, subject to the terms and conditions below. The circuit is normally open between 9 am and 5 pm Mondays to Thursdays, and 9 am to 4.30 pm on Fridays and Saturdays. From time to time, the circuit may be closed for special events. Information on such closures is available from the Centre office.
Use of the practice road circuit is subject to the following conditions:
- All users must report to the Centre office on arrival.
- Entry to the circuit is via an electronic barrier. Tokens may be purchased at a nominal cost (currently £2 per day) from the Centre office.
- The minimum age for car drivers is 16 years.
- All users must show a valid certificate of insurance for the vehicle to be driven prior to using the circuit. All drivers should either be named or covered by an “any driver” clause on the insurance document.
- Driving instructors must produce documentation that proves they are insured to train pupils under the age of 17 on an off-road area.
- All learner car drivers must be supervised either by a Driving Standards Agency Approved Driving Instructor or by a full licence holder aged 21 or over who has held their full licence for at least 3 years.
- All users proposing to drive on the circuit must show proof of age/identity. This can be a valid full or provisional driving licence, a valid passport or a birth certificate.
- Users are not permitted on any roads other than the circuit network and the access road to the Centre office. Learner drivers must be driven to the circuit by their instructor or supervisor.
- The circuit is subject to a maximum speed limit of 30 mph.
- The Centre reserves the right to refuse use of the practice road circuit to anyone who fails to comply with the above conditions.