Better public services for all
Our approach to managing and improving local services is based on firm accountability to our customers and communities. We want to understand and respond to local needs; to provide people with maximum choice and control; to enable communities to take more control if they desire; to ensure better services for less money; and to be fully open and transparent.
Our Performance Strategy outlines a systematic approach that puts local people at the heart of everything we do, by:
- Understanding the needs of our customers and communities;
- Determining what outcomes are needed and which are highest priority;
- Considering the best option;
- Providing choice about who should deliver services;
- Challenging and improving what is provided;
- Learning and innovating.
Devon County Council's new Strategic Plan was approved at a meeting of the full County Council on 8 December 2011. The complete document and a summary are available to download from our dedicated web pages.
Find out more
Also on devon.gov.uk
Other Web Sites
Devon County Council