Park & Ride services operate in Exeter City Centre and Barnstaple. For more information including timetables, ticket prices and a map of the areas served and boarding points, please click on the relevant link below.
Please note: parking facilities on each of the Park & Ride sites are only available to those who are using the Park & Ride bus, or in possession of a Park & Cycle permit. Usage is monitored and a fine may be levied for inappropriate use.
- Exeter - RED Honiton Road, BLUE Sowton & GREEN Matford Park & Ride to Exeter City Centre (1.72MB - pdf help)
- Barnstaple Park and Ride
Hospital Park & Ride
The Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital also run a Park & Ride service to their Wonford site from Digby (near Tesco, the railway station and junction 30 of the M5). For further information on this service, please visit their website.
County Hall Park & Ride
As part of measures to reduce single occupancy car journeys to County Hall, Devon County Council run a Park & Ride bus service PR6 from Sowton to County Hall. At Sowton the bus picks up and drops off passengers from the layby in Sidmouth Road, with further stops on the inbound service at Digby & Sowton Station and Countess Wear*. At County Hall there are two bus stops – by Matford Offices and by the side of Lucombe House.
For further information on the PR6 bus service please select the link below.
(*selected journeys only).
Park & Cycle
For details of this scheme click here
National Bus Pass
The National Bus Pass is valid on Exeter and Barnstaple Park and Ride services from 09.30am Monday to Friday and all day on weekends.
All enquiries about lost property should go to the bus operator and not the County Council.
Contact details for each operator can be found by selecting the relevant service below.
- RED - Honiton Road to Exeter City Centre, BLUE - Sowton to Exeter City Centre, GREEN - Matford to Exeter City Centre - Stagecoach South West
- PR3 - Digby to RD&E Hospital - Dartline
- PR6 - Sowton to County Hall - Stagecoach South West.
Please note that office opening times are determined by the bus operator and not the County Council.
The following height restrictions operate at Park and Rides:
- Digby (for hospital) - 2m
- Sowton (Sidmouth Road) - 2.1m
- Honiton Road - 2.2 m
- Matford - 2.1m Note: Adjacent car parking available for motor caravans
SAT NAV Users
Post codes for all Park and Ride sites in Exeter are listed below.
These will take you to the vicinity of the site after which you should follow local signing to access the car park.
- RED - Honiton Rd to Exeter City Centre EX2 7NL
- BLUE - Sowton to Exeter City Centre EX2 5GL
- GREEN - Matford to Exeter City Centre EX2 8FD
- PR3 - Digby to RD&E Hospital EX2 7PZ
- PR6 - Sowton to County Hall EX2 5GL.
Sowton Park and Ride and Honiton Road Park and Ride are owned by Devon County Council and operated by Stagecoach South West. Matford Park and Ride is owned and run by Exeter City Council.
All Park & Ride carparks will be locked between 19:30 and 06:00 on Park & Ride operating days. On other days they will remain locked. Overnight parking is not permitted on any Park & Ride site.
Also on devon.gov.uk
Other Web Sites
Transport Co-ordination Service
Devon County Council
Matford Lanes Offices
0845 155 1004