Lynton, Lyn Down Temporary Recycling Centre
Lyn Down Temporary Recycling Centre is available at Lyn Down (on the A39 past Barbrook), on the following dates:
|Saturday 4th May 2013||10:00am - 4:00pm|
|Saturday 3rd August 2013||10:00am - 4:00pm|
|Saturday 2nd November 2013||10:00am - 4:00pm|
|Saturday 1st February 2014||10:00am - 4:00pm|
Please note that Fridges/Freezers and Soil/Rubble (including bricks, blocks, tiles, paving slabs, concrete posts, sanitary ware etc) are no longer accepted at this site.
- Bulky household items
e.g. Garden waste, furniture, carpets, flat glass (if broken, securely wrapped and marked)
- DIY waste: 12 large bags/0.5 tonnes in 6 month period (EXCLUDES soil/rubble, plasterboard, asbestos, tyres - see Non-acceptable materials below)
- Noxious weeds (606KB - pdf help)
- Soil/Rubble (including bricks, blocks, tiles, paving slabs, concrete posts, sanitary ware etc)
- Gas bottles
- Household chemicals (e.g. pesticides, white spirit, bleach, old medicines, oil-based paint)
- Asbestos: chargeable at certain permanent Recycling Centres (must be pre-booked - see Asbestos for further information)
- Commercial/trade waste. Trade green waste and cardboard is acceptable for a charge at certain Recycling Centres by arrangement only, see Trade Recycling for further details
- Food/putrescible/excess non-recyclable waste: not acceptable at this site. Your nearest alternative is Seven Brethren Recycling Centre, Barnstaple by arrangement only, please contact your local district/city council in the first instance
- Sharps/clinical items
- Animals/animal bedding
- Electrical appliances, e.g. washing machines, toasters etc
- Fluorescent tubes
- TV/computer monitors
- Plasterboard (including plaster and gypsum related products)
- Fireworks, flares, explosives and ammunition - please contact your local police for advice
- Sewage/contents of drains
Reasonable assistance will be provided when requested.
How to get there: Lyn Down Rural Skip, Lynton EX35 6LL
Please refer to the following directions or select the Lyn Down map.
From Barbrook on the A39, head towards Lynmouth. After approximately one and a half miles at the top of the hill, turn right at the cross roads signposted Lyn Down, the site can be found on the right after a third of a mile.