Education and Learning
- Council & Democracy
- Children & Families
- Culture & Heritage
- Economy & Enterprise
- Environment & Planning
- Jobs & Careers
- Education and Learning
- Achievement and Education Strategy
- Adult & Community Learning
- Attending School
- Children in Care
- Changes to schools and consultation about changes
- Children With Additional Needs
- Devon Children's University
- Devon Education Forum
- Education Inclusion Service
- Education Statistics
- Ethnic and minority group children
- Getting to School
- Governance of Schools
- Gypsy, Roma and Traveller Achievement
- Elective Home Education
- Just for Schools
- Maintained Schools in Devon
- Out of School Activities
- Parent Support and advice
- Safeguarding children
- School Locations
- Standing Advisory Council on Religious Education
- Supporting Children
- Emergency school closures
- People & Community
- Safety & Emergencies
- Social Care & Health
- Transport & Roads
Popular Services -
My Favourites -
- Your favourite pages will be shown here
My Recently Viewed -
- No other pages viewed
Education and Learning
You might be interested in...
Championing Children - Devon's Strategic Vision and Policy for Education in Devon (692 Kb PDF file)
Maintained Schools in Devon - information about the different types of school available today and how to choose one that is right for you and your children.
Becoming a governor - if you are interested in becoming a governor you can find out more information here and express your interest.
Education Futures - Learning without limits - Devon County Council is developing a new partnership with Devon schools which will impact positively on all learners in the schools that we maintain.
Support for parents of children with additional needs - Devon Parent Partnership Service provides impartial information, support and training about education, health and social care, for parents and carers of children and young people aged 0-25 years with special educational needs and disabilities.
In this section...
- Achievement and Education Strategy Strategies, plans and documents for the development of Education and Schools in Devon, standards, curriculum
- Adult & Community Learning Learning opportunities for adults on a wide range of subjects
- Attending School Parent’s and The Council’s responsibilities for children's attendance at school, Exclusions, Child Employment, Entertainment Licences & Chaperone Service
- Children in Care Information about the Council’s Educational support for children in care.
- Changes to schools and consultation about changes Proposals by the County Council and schools to expand and change their characteristics
- Children With Additional Needs Educational support and services available to young people aged from 0 to 25 are shown on our Local Offer webpages.
- Devon Children's University Opportunities for children to participate in extended learning out of school hours
- Devon Education Forum Statutory consultative committee for the funding of maintained schools in Devon
- Education Inclusion Service Provides a statutory, but impartial service for parents and carers, school governors, Headteachers, school staff and other agencies about inclusion, reintegration and exclusion.
- Education Statistics School sizes, pupil numbers, school characteristics
- Ethnic and minority group children Support for children from minority groups or whose first language is not English
- Getting to School Transport to school, Getting to school safely, school locations
- Governance of Schools Governor responsibilities, Governing Associations, becoming a governor
- Gypsy, Roma and Traveller Achievement Offering advice and support to schools on issues relating to the inclusion of Gypsy, Roma and Traveller children in schools and other settings
- Elective Home Education Helping you to educate your child at home
- Just for Schools Just 4 Schools webpages, support for headteachers and school administrative staff
- Maintained Schools in Devon Information about the different types of school available today and how to choose one that is right for you and your children
- Out of School Activities Support for school children beyond school hours-from sport & music to home education
- Parent Support and advice Encouraging parental involvement in education - from sport to SEN
- Safeguarding children If you are concerned about a child or young person in Devon and are not sure what to do you can get advice here
- School Locations School details and contact information, including special schools and the Hospital Education Centre. Website addresses, designated areas and Local Learning Communities areas and details
- Standing Advisory Council on Religious Education The work of Devon's statutory advisory committee offering guidance and advice about RE in maintained schools
- Supporting Children Health and welfare, english as an additional language, extra financial help for SEN,meals and transport
- Emergency school closures
Devon County Council, Topsham Road, Exeter, EX2 4QD
Our contact numbers | Tel: 0845 155 1015 | Fax: 0845 155 1003 | SMS: 80011 (please start all messages with the word Devon).