Freight Quality Partnerships
Devon County Council is committed to managing all forms of transport in the most efficient way. The delivery and collection of goods is essential to the economy, is important to the quality of people's lives and also has an impact on the environment.
Freight Quality Partnerships comprise representatives from local authorities, the freight industry, environmental groups, local businesses, the police and other interested bodies. The aim is to help develop an understanding of local freight distribution issues and problems and to promote constructive solutions taking account of the need for access for goods and services and environmental and social concerns.
There is a need for both adequate services and maintaining the right living conditions for the people using the local road network or living nearby and Freight Quality Partnerships are a good way of assessing and dealing with these issues.
View the most current freight quality partnerships below:
- Exeter : Delivering the Goods - A Freight Quality Partnership
- Exeter Freight Quality Partnership - Action Plan
- Newton Abbot : Delivery the Goods - A Freight Quality Partnership
- Newton Abbot Freight Quality Partnership - Action Plan (12KB - pdf help)
Freight Route Maps
Below are a number of leaflets/maps to help companies and their drivers deliver goods to towns in Devon more efficiently. Lorry servicing routes, industrial estates and lorry parks are included.
Northern Devon Freight Route Maps
- Barnstaple - (656KB - pdf help) Routes for Delivery to Town Centre & Industrial Sites: A guide to access routes and loading facilities for commercial vehicles. (656KB - pdf help)
- Bideford Service Routes for town centre & Industrial Estates.
- Bideford Town Centre Plan.
Newton Abbot Freight Route Maps
- Industrial Estate Location Map
- Brunel Road Industrial Estate
- Heathfield Industrial Estate
- Newton Road Industrial Estate
Torbay Freight Route Map