Publications and Resources
You can also download cycle maps for Devon.
Free Incentive Scheme!
Encourage walking to school with our FREE incentives schemes! Order them from the Road Safety Help Desk (0845 155 1004 firstname.lastname@example.org)
- A reward scheme for pupils that walk to school. The children receive a pack, containing a tally card which is stamped or signed each time the child walks to or from school. Once a set number of walks has been reached, they receive a certificate, gaining first the Bronze level, then Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond
- Walking Award Introductory Notes (114KB - pdf help)
- Teachers Notes (5KB - pdf help)
School Travel Plans
- Devon County Council: School Travel Plans and the Curriculum - Keys Stages 1 & 2 (46KB - pdf help)
- Devon County Council: School Travel Plans and the Curriculum - Key Stages 3 & 4 (45KB - pdf help)
- How Parents can support their School Travel Plan (138KB - pdf help)
- GIS Video of an enquiry day and field work in two Devon Secondary schools using the Sustainable School Travel GIS system (which is available to schools.) Includes SoW with links to Secondary National Strategy and resources
- Stop the Bus! Devon County Council Road Safety team DVD, tackling school bus issues. Includes downloadable classroom resources. Contact the School Travel Plan team for a copy (details below)
- Chicken Run Devon County Council Road Safety Team DVD Developed in conjunction with Isca College students & staff it tackles issues surrounding "playing chicken and it's consquences.
Contact the Road Safety Helpdesk on 013921551004 or email@example.com to obtain copies of these DVD's
Cutting Your Car-Use - Anna Semlyen - free book available from Devon County Council
- "Making Roads Safer" -Road Safety Strategy 2006-2011
- Department for Transport - road safety resources
- Road Safety in Citizenship - a Key Stage 4 resource from ROSPA
- Rural Road Safety: A Resource for Key Stages 1 & 2 from ROSPA (820KB - pdf help)
- DTLR's 'A Safer Journey to School' ISDN 0907347 509
- Education & Health - Vol. 18 No.4, ISSN 0265 1602 - from Devon County Council and the School's Health Education Unit