Putting People First Resources
Stories, case studies,videos and DVDs
- Devon Stories: We have interviewed several people in Devon to bring together a collection of powerful stories. Their stories explain how we are improving people's experience of adult social care, giving more choice and control, and putting the people of Devon at the heart of the decision-making process. Read their Devon Stories online.
- Watch Personal Budget stories from young adults and living independently; Personal budgets and relearning skills for work; Personal budgets for independent living; and Personal budgets for health and leisure activities
- Watch a four minute video clip from the Department of Health explaining the four Putting People First themes
- TV presenter Fiona Philips introduces a DVD that highlights some of the stories from around the country where Personal Budgets have improved lives
- The BBC case study - Personal care budgets give 'control over lives' (October 2010)
- BBC Living Longer Campaign - survey findings. Now, more than ever., older people, their families and carers need access to good quality information and advice about their care and support.(November 2010)
- Salford citizens talk about how their lives have changed and share their real stories - My life, my support, my choice - personalisation in Salford. You can also read real case studies
- Local eBulletins - Putting People First in Devon sent to over 4000 organisations, community groups, social care providers, partners and staff across Devon
- National Putting People First eBulletins: Think local act personal
Publications and public information
- Communication archive - key Putting People First articles published by Devon County Council.
- Putting People First handout (1.98MB - pdf help), two A4 sides (updated 17 May 2010), in Easy Read format (200KB - pdf help) (includes pictures) and
Large Print (28KB - pdf help)
- Some social care jargon explained in our Putting People First glossary of common terms.
- The Social Care Institute for Excellence has produced a good range of 'At a Glance Guides' on many aspects of Personalisation/Putting People First, along with an Easy Read Guide to Personalisation.
- The organisation 'InControl' have a very good selection of fact sheets for Putting People First. They use plain English to provide introductions to the important areas of Self-Directed Support, Individual Budgets and managing your own support. The number of fact sheets is growing steadily.
- Putting People First national website hosted hosted and maintained by the Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE)
- Modernising our services - read about progress we have made in preceeding years 2007-2009 (archive only).