Education and Learning
- Council & Democracy
- Children & Families
- Culture & Heritage
- Economy & Enterprise
- Environment & Planning
- Jobs & Careers
- Education and Learning
- Achievement and Education Strategy
- Adult & Community Learning
- Attending School
- Children in Care
- Changes to schools and consultation about changes
- Children With Additional Needs
- Devon Children's University
- Devon Education Forum
- Education Inclusion Service
- Education Statistics
- Ethnic and minority group children
- Getting to School
- Governance of Schools
- Gypsy, Roma and Traveller Achievement
- Home-based Education
- Just for Schools
- Maintained Schools in Devon
- Out of School Activities
- Parent Support and advice
- Safeguarding children
- School Locations
- Standing Advisory Council on Religious Education
- Supporting Children
- People & Community
- Safety & Emergencies
- Social Care & Health
- Transport & Roads
Popular Services -
My Recently Viewed -
- No other pages viewed
Education and Learning
You might be interested in...
Championing Children - Devon's Strategic Vision and Policy for Education in Devon (692 Kb PDF file)
Maintained Schools in Devon - information about the different types of school available today and how to choose one that is right for you and your children.
Becoming a governor - if you are interested in becoming a governor you can find out more information here and express your interest.
Education Futures - Learning without limits - Devon County Council is developing a new partnership with Devon schools which will impact positively on all learners in the schools that we maintain.
Support for parents of children with additional needs - Devon Parent Partnership Service provides impartial information, support and training about education, health and social care, for parents and carers of children and young people aged 0-25 years with special educational needs and disabilities.
In this section...
- Achievement and Education Strategy Strategies, plans and documents for the development of Education and Schools in Devon, standards, curriculum
- Adult & Community Learning Learning opportunities for adults on a wide range of subjects
- Attending School Parent’s and The Council’s responsibilities for children's attendance at school, Exclusions, Child Employment, Entertainment Licences & Chaperone Service
- Children in Care Information about the Council’s Educational support for children in care.
- Changes to schools and consultation about changes Proposals by the County Council and schools to expand and change their characteristics
- Children With Additional Needs Children and Young People's Services and NHS Devon work together to plan and co-ordinate services for children and young people who have additional needs.
- Devon Children's University Opportunities for children to participate in extended learning out of school hours
- Devon Education Forum Statutory consultative committee for the funding of maintained schools in Devon
- Education Inclusion Service Provides a statutory, but impartial service for parents and carers, school governors, Headteachers, school staff and other agencies about inclusion, reintegration and exclusion.
- Education Statistics School sizes, pupil numbers, school characteristics
- Ethnic and minority group children Support for children from minority groups or whose first language is not English
- Getting to School Transport to school, Getting to school safely, school locations
- Governance of Schools Governor responsibilities, Governing Associations, becoming a governor
- Gypsy, Roma and Traveller Achievement Offering advice and support to schools on issues relating to the inclusion of Gypsy, Roma and Traveller children in schools and other settings
- Home-based Education Helping you to educate your child at home
- Just for Schools Just 4 Schools webpages, support for headteachers and school administrative staff
- Maintained Schools in Devon Information about the different types of school available today and how to choose one that is right for you and your children
- Out of School Activities Support for school children beyond school hours-from sport & music to home education
- Parent Support and advice Encouraging parental involvement in education - from sport to SEN
- Safeguarding children If you are concerned about a child or young person in Devon and are not sure what to do you can get advice here
- School Locations School details and contact information, including special schools and the Hospital Education Centre. Website addresses, designated areas and Local Learning Communities areas and details
- Standing Advisory Council on Religious Education The work of Devon's statutory advisory committee offering guidance and advice about RE in maintained schools
- Supporting Children Health and welfare, english as an additional language, extra financial help for SEN,meals and transport
do more with this page ...
Devon County Council, Topsham Road, Exeter, EX2 4QD
Our contact numbers | Tel: 0845 155 1015 | Fax: 0845 155 1003 | SMS: 80011 (please start all messages with the word Devon).